Skip to main content

The top 7 times R. Kelly warned us about R. Kelly

In celebration of Pied Piper's alleged engagement to a beautiful young lady 30 years his junior, let's take a look back and review the best times he warned us about himself.  I'm not even going to discuss his interviews because, let's face it, every time that nigga has opened his mouth and a note didn't come out, some unbelievably ignant shit flew out.  But what can we expect from a guy that filmed himself pissing on a child (!).  

Instead, let's talk about the times where he slid in some shit that went right over our heads until it hit us like the final scene from The Usual Suspects.

7.  He referred to himself as the cookie monster and not in a PBS kind of way.  

If you ever want to find something too sacred to children to make dirty, Sesame Street is a good place to start.  At least, that is what normal folks think.  This man ain't normal folks.

6.  This nigga had a song called "Seems like you're ready". 

In said song he declares that it "seems like you're ready to go all the way."  This is a line straight from the creepy old man playbook.  Like screwing some jerk will make a girl in to a woman.

5.  Aaliyah's first album cover.  
See that nigga lurking in the back?  If you ever in your life see somebody behind a 14 year old looking like that, stab that nigga.  Do the world a favor.

4.  He referred to himself as the Pied Piper of R&B.  

If you don't know the story of the piper, he used his pipe to steal a town's kids... his pipe... kids... Kells heard this story and thought "Role Model".

3.  He had an album called "The Chocolate Factory". 
 
Willy Wonka had a chocolate factory and when he opened that bitch up he promptly ruined the lives of 2 little girls and 2 little boys.  Yeah, he found one special boy to give the world to, only after the little boy tried to leave after Wonka set the fool up.  The moral of the story:  If you want it all, try to get the fuck away from R. Kelly... I mean Willy Wonka.

2.  That nigga wore a Hamburgaler Mask. 

My man was looking for a new style and for inspiration he channeled a criminal that hangs out at McDonald's.  Officer Big Mac, where were you, man.

1.  This nigga said "Show me some ID before I get knee deep in you".  

Now, I've been in some moral grey areas when pussy is involved but I ain't never ever never not never thought I might be doing something illegal.  What's worse, the only kind a nigga that might be worried about a potential partner being in high school is the kind of nigga that has been wrong about it before.  That's an R. Kelly kind a nigga.  Avoid said niggas.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all but how could we have missed it?  R. Kelly is the WMDs in Iraq.  He is the Y2K bug.  He is brand new Dodge Neon we all financed with the first three months for free.  We knew we were fucking up and we just couldn't see the forest for the creepy ass trees.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's gold in them thar crates

Right now I’m listening to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night.   I don’t know how much play this album got around the nation when it dropped in 1997, but it didn’t get any love in Kansas City, but If you haven’t heard, it is the shit! I don’t know when it became the general consensus that rap music that didn’t come out in the last 6 months isn’t good but we have to remember hip-hop’s history of being the product of people that were willing to dig in those crates. Bargain bins at the used CD store, garage sales and amazon.com all have great CDs that you never heard.   Not to mention all of those CDs with 2 or 3 great songs on them. My point is that great music doesn’t have a shelf life.   Just because Kanye and Jay-Z keep coming out with hits doesn’t mean Reasonable Doubt and The College Dropout aren’t great CDs.   It’s just the opposite.   There has been a long time since somebody referred to a rap album that is universally referred to as a classic.   Think about it.   There have

I'm going to get myself killed

I’m not suicidal or anything.   I just tend to forget to protect myself.   I don’t even get scared when things get real.   I remember distinctly the first time I saw someone try to kill someone else. Me and the boys were partaking in our favorite pastime; playing football in the street.   It was around the time we were all in middle school so I was around 12 years old.   I had probably just passed the 100 lbs. mark.   It was like any other afternoon in the summer but suddenly some man came running up the street.   Something was off about him.   He was running too hard.   He wasn’t even running that fast but you could tell he was trying his heart out.   Just as he was turning the corner at the end of the block, we found out why.   Another man came up the hill behind us as we watched the running man go.   He wasn’t running either.   He had more of a brisk walk.   When he got far enough over the slope of the hill he raised his right arm, took aim and fired three shots while he was
Maury must be stopped. No one has profited more from Black people being ignorant than he.   I know the old saying: “Mama’s baby, Papa’s maybe.” But, contrary to popular belief, Black men love their children.   Everyone loves children.   Even if Black men realize that they aren’t bringing much to a household, they know that there is magic there.   That magic might be scary, like all magic, but it’s there.   There isn’t much difference between the love that develops between a man and a child with his D.N.A.   and a man that a child that he has raised. I am my father’s son.   No, I’m not light skinned or a hustler, but I laugh when I hear something funny.   I’ll sit on a porch and dink liquor all Saturday morning.   My toes are extraordinarily long (just like his).   I will see a beautiful woman and take notice just because I am a man and that’s what a man does.   My dad raised me well. When you see a Black man on Maury, you know he is going to be running from the responsibil