Skip to main content

What the Fuck, People?

I used to write about politics a lot.  I had to make the conscious decision to stop because it was just so negative.  We are talking six or seven years ago when congress was just regular useless.  I thought it was bad then nut noooooooo.  It turns out that the shit just started storming.

How did we get here?  Donald Fucking Trump went from firing Gary Busey to picking 2 Supreme Court Justices.  That's completely ridiculous, yet, here we are.

V for Vendetta is one of my favorite movies and in one of the opening scenes he railed the entire nation of England for shutting the fuck up while things went completely to shit.  Even though I've watched that part 100 times, here I sat, watching the world burn.

This is how it happens.  The indifference of good men and all that shit.

It's so seductive.  Just keep your head down and keep plugging away.  Then you look up one day and the government is kidnapping children.  Then you log on to twitter and Stacey Dash is defending that shit.  Then you're wondering how somebody with an ass that perfect could be so horrible.  What the fuck, guys?

 As angry as I am with ICE agents establishing a reign of terror, I'm more mad at myself for letting these fucks rip families apart in my name.  They say they are doing this for me and won't listen when I say to fucking stop.

Yeah, I didn't vote for 45.  I don't support Racism Smurf's policies but the one thing that I can do is just say something... and I haven't.

I started blogging because I wanted to use my voice and I just plain gave it away.  That shit is over.  I didn't want to step on the toes of friends and relatives and be divisive but you know what.  Fuck their toes.  This shit is unacceptable and I have to say so before the storm troopers come to get me.

If I'm to be silent, let it be because my throat is cut, not because I held my tongue.

Do you know why the police tell you that you have the right to remain silent?  Because you also have the right not to be.  If the things that I say can be used against me, let it be.  I would rather my words hurt me rather than my silence.

That being said, let's dish.  Our government is kidnapping children.  Affirmative action is dying with the sole purpose of supporting white supremacy.  Women are losing their reproductive rights and LeBron plays for the fucking Lakers.  Shit is stupid.

So let's go.  I'm gonna start talking about your dumb ass president again.  I'm going to start fights on Facebook and spend Saturday mornings arguing with MAGA hats on twitter.  Discussion is the cornerstone of democracy and I live in a place that would rather I didn't be free but fuck 'em.

These bitches ain't got me yet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's gold in them thar crates

Right now I’m listening to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night.   I don’t know how much play this album got around the nation when it dropped in 1997, but it didn’t get any love in Kansas City, but If you haven’t heard, it is the shit! I don’t know when it became the general consensus that rap music that didn’t come out in the last 6 months isn’t good but we have to remember hip-hop’s history of being the product of people that were willing to dig in those crates. Bargain bins at the used CD store, garage sales and amazon.com all have great CDs that you never heard.   Not to mention all of those CDs with 2 or 3 great songs on them. My point is that great music doesn’t have a shelf life.   Just because Kanye and Jay-Z keep coming out with hits doesn’t mean Reasonable Doubt and The College Dropout aren’t great CDs.   It’s just the opposite.   There has been a long time since somebody referred to a rap album that is universally referred to as a classic.   Think about it.   There have

I'm going to get myself killed

I’m not suicidal or anything.   I just tend to forget to protect myself.   I don’t even get scared when things get real.   I remember distinctly the first time I saw someone try to kill someone else. Me and the boys were partaking in our favorite pastime; playing football in the street.   It was around the time we were all in middle school so I was around 12 years old.   I had probably just passed the 100 lbs. mark.   It was like any other afternoon in the summer but suddenly some man came running up the street.   Something was off about him.   He was running too hard.   He wasn’t even running that fast but you could tell he was trying his heart out.   Just as he was turning the corner at the end of the block, we found out why.   Another man came up the hill behind us as we watched the running man go.   He wasn’t running either.   He had more of a brisk walk.   When he got far enough over the slope of the hill he raised his right arm, took aim and fired three shots while he was
Maury must be stopped. No one has profited more from Black people being ignorant than he.   I know the old saying: “Mama’s baby, Papa’s maybe.” But, contrary to popular belief, Black men love their children.   Everyone loves children.   Even if Black men realize that they aren’t bringing much to a household, they know that there is magic there.   That magic might be scary, like all magic, but it’s there.   There isn’t much difference between the love that develops between a man and a child with his D.N.A.   and a man that a child that he has raised. I am my father’s son.   No, I’m not light skinned or a hustler, but I laugh when I hear something funny.   I’ll sit on a porch and dink liquor all Saturday morning.   My toes are extraordinarily long (just like his).   I will see a beautiful woman and take notice just because I am a man and that’s what a man does.   My dad raised me well. When you see a Black man on Maury, you know he is going to be running from the responsibil