Skip to main content

White man got me down.

Only a few months after declaring myself happy, I'm sorry to admit that the white man has officially got me down.  I haven't written in a while because I don't want to go full negativity on y'all.  I'm exasperated by the current state of America, my job and and my bitch ass neighbors and before you go calling me a racist, let's look at the tail of the tape:

'Murica:

The President is a fucking moron, as described by the Secretary of State.  You read that correctly.  But, that isn't news.  45 was a lying moron his entire campaign, yet this country STILL ELECTED HIM PRESIDENT!  Which leads me to one hard conclusion:  No matter how hard I will ever work, people will still value white maleness over anything else in this country.  That's fucking depressing.  It's also quite tiresome because I don't just get to watch it on news feeds 24 hours a day, i get to watch in real life.  Let's talk about my job.

The Gig:

I don't have a terrible job.  Oh, I'm underemployed as shit but it is something that I could do with my eyes closed.  I literally put more thought in to the songs to play on spotify than the actual work.  If I wasn't a proud blerd (black nerd) that wouldn't be a problem but still, I find shit to read all day so I haven't gone plum loco quite yet.  Here's the problem.  They started a new crew of perfectly shmegular white guys working and started them at the same salary it took me 2.5 years to earn.  That's unfair from jump but it gets worse, they don't get asked to do half the shit I did to get where I am, yet they keep getting rewarded.  One of the guys with nary a year under his belt was just promoted to run a warehouse out of state where he is on salary and works 4 days a week, which is really 3 and a half days.  I know this because I, unlike him, have actually trained to do the damned job.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want to move to the other warehouse.  I have a family and shit.  My point is that they clearly value him more as an employee (pay bump) because what?  Education, nope.  Work ethic, nope.  He was terrible at the job he had before he was promoted.  So with no experience, education or know how he's making more money than me and by all accounts sucks at his new job.  Let's just say it's stuck in my craw.  I should get over it.  I should worry about my own money.  I haven't figured out how yet.

Along the same lines, there are men here that think their entire job is to walk around brown nosing.  Let's call it what it is.  I wouldn't get annoyed if that shit wasn't getting them paid.  These motherfuckers are getting overtime every week and are hardly missed during the day because no one expects them to be useful.  They are just here getting paid to be white men.  Because America.  now, more closer to home...

The Shit Heels:

I may be forced to murder my neighbors.  As the only white family on the block (grandfather, his son, and grandson) they are the bane of the entire area and expect to get away with it because apparently people have let them for a decade.  These idiots have a race car in their driveway that they just turn on, just to see if it's running.  The shit shakes my whole house and when I called the police, they never showed up.  Ever.  That is actually the 2nd time we've had to call popo on their asses.  The first time, middle shit heel beat the shit out of older shit heel and he came his shit heel ass over to my house to use the phone to call the police.  Middle shit heel fled the scene and moved back in 2 weeks later and was subsequently arrested for trying to steal from UHaul.  A year later he gets out of jail and moves right back in to older shit heel's house, because white man. It was quiet for a year and then... He beat the shit out of his girlfriend in the street in front of my house.  Surely the police would respond, yes? Sort of.  They showed up 45 minutes after I called them and knocked on who's door?  My door.  Didn't even talk to them.  So next time I'm just gonna have to take matters in my own hands.  Beat him with a hammer and go to jail for assault at best, at worst I'll just be a hashtag because obviously #WomanBeaterLivesMatter.  The cops will probably see me beating some white man and decide to shoot me.

Basically I'm saying whether I'm at work, watching the news or at home, I'm putting up with this shit.  Thankfully, white women invade my dreams to help redeem the race. (Thanks Tapenga, you the real MVP)

I already know what you're thinking: Cogito, you're just a racist.  But, to the contrary.  There are personable, hardworking white men that I not only fucks with, I actually like them whether it be at my job (several), on my block (ok, one around the corner), or in Washington D.C (Shout out to Bernie Sanders). The problem is that it's not a fucking coincidence that all of the horrible people and coworkers I know are white men.

Is it a coincidence that 70% of fortune 500 CEOs are White men?  It is a coincidence that 80% of congress are White men?  Think real hard about your bosses, or even the word boss.  What do you envision?

How do you explain this?  You have three real options:
1) You think it's a coincidence (Which makes you an idiot)
2) You think think that White men are just better at everything (which makes you racist and probably sexist)
or
3) This some bullshit (You win)
4) Fool, it ain't no '4', I said THREE. Pick one! (fool!)

It's just so exasperating... But we gotta do something.  Me?  It appears I'm headed to jail and joblessness for my inability to cooperate.  You can pay the bills with standards, right?

What can you do?  To be honest, I just can't call it.  Don't be like me.  Don't lose your job (slightly worried this is the post that gets me fired).  Don't hurt a stranger that doesn't deserve it, or one that does deserve it but the consequences of justice are too high.

If you happen to be a White man, fortunate enough to win the racism lottery, what can you do?  I actually have an answer.  Be honest. I'm not saying don't take the advantages given to you but don't pass them down.  I know it's hard not to think other White dudes should get treated as well as you have been but think about it this way:  Can we do better?  Isn't doing better what the human race is all about?  I have an answer with a question.  Do you use a blackberry?  A blackberry used to be better.  Stop being a blackberry.

Surely, this has been exhausting to read and I apologize but I am exhausted too.  But hey, gold star for finishing (Hi, Big sister!) and there were a lot of parenthetical asides. Shout out to Ms. Stock, Ms. Willis and Ms. Hams (where they married?) and Prof. Delilah Caldwell.

What I was trying to say is "The White Man" isn't a joke. It is a pattern and we all see it and it's time for the shit to stop.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's gold in them thar crates

Right now I’m listening to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night.   I don’t know how much play this album got around the nation when it dropped in 1997, but it didn’t get any love in Kansas City, but If you haven’t heard, it is the shit! I don’t know when it became the general consensus that rap music that didn’t come out in the last 6 months isn’t good but we have to remember hip-hop’s history of being the product of people that were willing to dig in those crates. Bargain bins at the used CD store, garage sales and amazon.com all have great CDs that you never heard.   Not to mention all of those CDs with 2 or 3 great songs on them. My point is that great music doesn’t have a shelf life.   Just because Kanye and Jay-Z keep coming out with hits doesn’t mean Reasonable Doubt and The College Dropout aren’t great CDs.   It’s just the opposite.   There has been a long time since somebody referred to a rap album that is universally referred to as a classic.   Think about it.   There have

I'm going to get myself killed

I’m not suicidal or anything.   I just tend to forget to protect myself.   I don’t even get scared when things get real.   I remember distinctly the first time I saw someone try to kill someone else. Me and the boys were partaking in our favorite pastime; playing football in the street.   It was around the time we were all in middle school so I was around 12 years old.   I had probably just passed the 100 lbs. mark.   It was like any other afternoon in the summer but suddenly some man came running up the street.   Something was off about him.   He was running too hard.   He wasn’t even running that fast but you could tell he was trying his heart out.   Just as he was turning the corner at the end of the block, we found out why.   Another man came up the hill behind us as we watched the running man go.   He wasn’t running either.   He had more of a brisk walk.   When he got far enough over the slope of the hill he raised his right arm, took aim and fired three shots while he was
Maury must be stopped. No one has profited more from Black people being ignorant than he.   I know the old saying: “Mama’s baby, Papa’s maybe.” But, contrary to popular belief, Black men love their children.   Everyone loves children.   Even if Black men realize that they aren’t bringing much to a household, they know that there is magic there.   That magic might be scary, like all magic, but it’s there.   There isn’t much difference between the love that develops between a man and a child with his D.N.A.   and a man that a child that he has raised. I am my father’s son.   No, I’m not light skinned or a hustler, but I laugh when I hear something funny.   I’ll sit on a porch and dink liquor all Saturday morning.   My toes are extraordinarily long (just like his).   I will see a beautiful woman and take notice just because I am a man and that’s what a man does.   My dad raised me well. When you see a Black man on Maury, you know he is going to be running from the responsibil