Skip to main content

Where yo man at?

Being the lame that I am, I know a lot of super hot Black women that would never ever give me the draws.  Crazy enough, these same women often raise the question as to why they can’t find a good man.

Now, the smartass answer is “Because you didn’t give me no ass before I met my wife.”  But, that is unfair.  I gots no game and usually ended up in the friend zone because being a friend is what I’m good at.  Getting a woman naked i not.  The fact that I know so many single and hot Black women does make me wonder what the fuck is going on in the Black community that only the women that don’t have their shit together seem to have men all over them.

I have a few theories.

1:  Internalized racism

I know that some of you are wondering how I’m gonna blame this on the White man…  Here’s how.  You see, people tend to seek relationships with those that they think that they can actually get and Black men get told that they ain’t shit their whole lives.  Therefore if they internalize that sentiment, they are only going to go after women that they see in the same light.  That means that any Black woman that has been to college, has her own job and understands the intricacies of birth control will undoubtedly be seen as unattainable.

2:  Sometimes you’re just stuck up

Alright, this is the inverse of reason one.  A lot of Black women better themselves because they want to be seen as a higher grade.  That’s cool and all if you are looking for a good job but when it comes to the dating pool, you are deliberately excluding people.  At some point, you can’t be shocked when you run fresh out of niggas.  That’s not exactly being stuck up, but when you purposely exclude your options, don’t be surprised when you eventually have none.

3:  Dumb niggas always win

Ladies, imagine a Black man with that dropped out of high school at the 10th grade.  He has tattoos, gold teeth and three kids.  Okay, now imagine a brother with a PhD. in American history and closet full of khakis.  Which one did you fuck while you were drunk on your birthday?  Exactly.  I don’t want to jump on dumb niggas because there are certain things that educated people think their ways out of when they would have enjoyed the experience (i.e. getting laid) but you never make HUGE mistake by not sleeping with a stranger.  Dumb niggas don’t get that, so dumb niggas get them panties off before us nerds.  Don’t think that I’m just laying the blame on the sisters for this one.  Smart brothers tend to think that they are above the town whore, which may be true but sometimes (most of the time) getting laid is just a bit better than feeling like you’re better than someone else.

4:  Jesus is a hater

The Black church has a stranglehold on Black sexuality.  The Black church has an interesting dynamic at work.  It is headed by men but the women are its lifeblood.  That means men with any power in the church have access to a multitude of women, and men with no power in the church just have incentive to be head usher, choir director or on the deacon board.  I don’t envy the women that feel the need to compete over the affection of a few men.  That always leads to some jerk exploiting his position to get with the greatest ass he can get.

5:  Some of you ladies fucked it up early

I know a beautiful, 35 year old woman with four kids.  She has one in college and one in diapers.  She is smart, has a decent job and oh yeah, four kids.  Before she was ready for an adult relationship, she already had more baggage than any decent man was ready to handle.  That pretty much doomed her relationships with decent men since 2003.   Now, I don’t mind a single mother but I understand that some guys do.  When you are just out for fun, having a kid around is a bit of a buzz kill.  Also, when you are guaranteed that you are only going to be second fiddle from the onset, you can’t be surprised that a man that is driven to be top notch is not willing to be down with that.

 
I know some great women and they have all made my life just a bit better.  I wish they all would find  love, or happiness or great sex or what it is that they are looking for.  They ain’t looking for somebody like me and that was a difficult pill to swallow but taking responsibility for being yourself never is.

Now, after they’ve decided that I’m awesome and ask if I know anyone like me, I’m not sure what to say.  I could tell them how beautiful that they are or how they can do without some man.  Or… I could tell them the truth, it’s kinda their fault that they’re lonely, but I still love ya’ll. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's gold in them thar crates

Right now I’m listening to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night.   I don’t know how much play this album got around the nation when it dropped in 1997, but it didn’t get any love in Kansas City, but If you haven’t heard, it is the shit! I don’t know when it became the general consensus that rap music that didn’t come out in the last 6 months isn’t good but we have to remember hip-hop’s history of being the product of people that were willing to dig in those crates. Bargain bins at the used CD store, garage sales and amazon.com all have great CDs that you never heard.   Not to mention all of those CDs with 2 or 3 great songs on them. My point is that great music doesn’t have a shelf life.   Just because Kanye and Jay-Z keep coming out with hits doesn’t mean Reasonable Doubt and The College Dropout aren’t great CDs.   It’s just the opposite.   There has been a long time since somebody referred to a rap album that is universally referred to as a classic.   Think about it.   There have

R.I.P. Rusty Hayes

Pretty soon here I’m going to say goodbye to my dad.   I suppose that I already have.   When I walked into the place where he lived and saw him there, dead, with his mouth cocked open in a very strange angle, I realized that I had been saying goodbye to my dad for some time now.   That body that laid there in the nursing home did not resonate my father at all. You see, my dad was a big guy.   Always was to me.   That body there was emaciated and small; so much not the powerful figure that I remember. When I was younger, I remember how much I wanted to grow up to look like my dad.   He was muscular, handsome and light skinned and I was anything but (I still have beef with every negro that got blessed with being light skinned in the ‘90s).   The best thing about my dad, though, is that he had a serious thirst for life.   He always laughed so hard that you had to turn around and wonder what the fuck was going on over there that was so damned funny.   When I was young, I couldn’t

I'm going to get myself killed

I’m not suicidal or anything.   I just tend to forget to protect myself.   I don’t even get scared when things get real.   I remember distinctly the first time I saw someone try to kill someone else. Me and the boys were partaking in our favorite pastime; playing football in the street.   It was around the time we were all in middle school so I was around 12 years old.   I had probably just passed the 100 lbs. mark.   It was like any other afternoon in the summer but suddenly some man came running up the street.   Something was off about him.   He was running too hard.   He wasn’t even running that fast but you could tell he was trying his heart out.   Just as he was turning the corner at the end of the block, we found out why.   Another man came up the hill behind us as we watched the running man go.   He wasn’t running either.   He had more of a brisk walk.   When he got far enough over the slope of the hill he raised his right arm, took aim and fired three shots while he was