Skip to main content

I kissed a white girl and I liked it!

This is a short version of a long ass story that ends with me married to my beautiful black wife.

But that's where the story ends, it is way more interesting in the beginning.

There was a time when I just didn't date white women.  Amazingly enough, when women started finding me attractive.  This around the time I went to college at the University of Kansas.  Lucky for me, there were enough black women there to keep me happy.  I got into a relationship with this mixed girl (black enough for me) fairly quickly after I hit campus so I didn't have much time dating around, which was probably a good thing.

I noticed fairly early how crazy some of the brothers on campus went for white girls.  From afar I studied the dynamic.  Most of the white women didn't want ANYTHING to do with a black man unless he was playing some sort of sport for their entertainment.  Then, there were the hippie type chicks that didn't care what color you were as long as you didn't blow their high.  Lastly there were the white girls that actively pursued the dark meat.  That might be an unfair characterization.  Back in the day when I saw an interracial couple I would figure they were both in it for sex.  Everybody seemed to think when it came to sexual attractiveness, black men and white women were top draw.  It would be years before I questioned that theory which, in hindsight was just plain dumb.

I remember one particular white chick that I was always around, the friend of a friend.  This chick was fucking hot AND a freaking slut.   But I was in my pro-black phase and I wasn't bout to touch it... because I was a fucking idiot.  Made out with her once, though.

Fast forward to better times and met this cat that was known for messing with this one particularly thick white chick.  I don't mean she was thick for a white girl, either.  This chick was built like Jessica Rabbit.  Me and this dude got to talking about how he ended up with a white girl and he was like "It just kind of happened."  I was on him because something just didn't sound right about his story.  He actually seemed to like and get along with a white woman.  It was just foreign to me.  Little did I know I would be in a long term relationship with the exact same chick like 5 years later.

How?  Another one of my homeboys introduced me to her ass while we were all drunk one night.  I had just got dumped by this hot dark skinned girl and was going out with my boy.  Fuck it.  Now, my homeboy was notorious for hooking up with white chicks.  This dude was like a magician.  He was like a Jedi when it came to getting white girls to take their clothes off.  This negro is six foot something, has dreadlocks and sometimes talks in a Bahamian accent and has the nerve to wear purple color contacts.  White chicks couldn't resist it.

Anyway, we go out to a place called "Brothers", ironically enough.  The place is a straight up meat market.  A lot of the basketball players would go there to recruit their flings for the night.  So, we're throwing back drinks; having a good time.  And guess who pops up... Jessica Rabbit!  Her and one of her friends were drunk as hell and popping all out of their shirts.  My homeboy, the magician, knows her (of course) and beckons her on over.  I'll spare the details but we exchanged numbers, ended up on a date that next weekend.

Here's the important part.  She was fucking interesting.  She was happy and all personable and shit.  I was shocked.  Attracted and shocked.  I always wanted to avoid being "one of those guys".  You know.  The black dude dating the pretty white chick to show the world that he's made it.  Don't act like that stuff doesn't happen, either.  I know some cats like that.  It happens.

The last thing I ever want to do is be the type of person that I wouldn't even respect.  But this was genuine attraction so I was like, fine.  Later that night, we were making out on her couch.  She wanted to have sex and so did I but, she claimed that I wouldn't respect her if we did.  She was wrong, of course, but she didn't give me none and I went home.  Didn't talk to her for like a week.  Sure enough, my homie, the magician, hit me up to hit the club again.  Guess who just happens to pop up...

So we're doing the usual, getting drunk and shamelessly flirting.  It was getting close to my birthday and she said something about being my lady for my birthday and I said something the likes of "You gonna be my lady tonight!"  To date, it is probably the dumbest shit I've ever said to a woman.  She ate that shit up.  Once again, I'll leave out the further details.

So we date, became an item, blah, blah, blah.  It was crazy getting the kind of sideways looks that I used to give interracial couples.  Even crazier was the props some of the black men I knew gave me for dating a hot white woman.  I remember the first time one of my female friends saw me out with her, she gave me a look so cold that I thought I might have to defend myself.  It was just nuts.

She wouldn't be my last white girlfriend but I suppose she was the most important because she taught me something about being prejudiced: It won't get you laid.

I've dated some great women of a lot of walks of life.  I've dated black chicks from the burbs and some pretty hood white chicks and they all had hearts that needed to be nurtured and real feelings and real emotions.  When I kept that in mind, I learned that I got a lot further towards getting to know them as people before getting to know them as sexual partners.  That is what made me ready for marriage and probably why I gave my prude ass wife a chance.  Life is funny that way.  Thanks Courtney!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's gold in them thar crates

Right now I’m listening to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night.   I don’t know how much play this album got around the nation when it dropped in 1997, but it didn’t get any love in Kansas City, but If you haven’t heard, it is the shit! I don’t know when it became the general consensus that rap music that didn’t come out in the last 6 months isn’t good but we have to remember hip-hop’s history of being the product of people that were willing to dig in those crates. Bargain bins at the used CD store, garage sales and amazon.com all have great CDs that you never heard.   Not to mention all of those CDs with 2 or 3 great songs on them. My point is that great music doesn’t have a shelf life.   Just because Kanye and Jay-Z keep coming out with hits doesn’t mean Reasonable Doubt and The College Dropout aren’t great CDs.   It’s just the opposite.   There has been a long time since somebody referred to a rap album that is universally referred to as a classic.   Think about it.   There have
Maury must be stopped. No one has profited more from Black people being ignorant than he.   I know the old saying: “Mama’s baby, Papa’s maybe.” But, contrary to popular belief, Black men love their children.   Everyone loves children.   Even if Black men realize that they aren’t bringing much to a household, they know that there is magic there.   That magic might be scary, like all magic, but it’s there.   There isn’t much difference between the love that develops between a man and a child with his D.N.A.   and a man that a child that he has raised. I am my father’s son.   No, I’m not light skinned or a hustler, but I laugh when I hear something funny.   I’ll sit on a porch and dink liquor all Saturday morning.   My toes are extraordinarily long (just like his).   I will see a beautiful woman and take notice just because I am a man and that’s what a man does.   My dad raised me well. When you see a Black man on Maury, you know he is going to be running from the responsibil

R.I.P. Rusty Hayes

Pretty soon here I’m going to say goodbye to my dad.   I suppose that I already have.   When I walked into the place where he lived and saw him there, dead, with his mouth cocked open in a very strange angle, I realized that I had been saying goodbye to my dad for some time now.   That body that laid there in the nursing home did not resonate my father at all. You see, my dad was a big guy.   Always was to me.   That body there was emaciated and small; so much not the powerful figure that I remember. When I was younger, I remember how much I wanted to grow up to look like my dad.   He was muscular, handsome and light skinned and I was anything but (I still have beef with every negro that got blessed with being light skinned in the ‘90s).   The best thing about my dad, though, is that he had a serious thirst for life.   He always laughed so hard that you had to turn around and wonder what the fuck was going on over there that was so damned funny.   When I was young, I couldn’t