Skip to main content

Open letter to Ann Romney
First of all, let me congratulate you on somehow passing off a criticism of you as a criticism of all mothers.  That shit was genius.  You pulled it off but sadly, it was complete bullshit.

Yes, you did have five children, which is respectable, but if you think your plight as a muti-millionaire mom is somehow comparable to a woman working at WalMart or waiting tables you are as out of touch with reality as your husband.  Something tells me you may have had a little more help in the child rearing than your average mom.
Let’s face facts.  Rich white women aren’t usually the most industrious people in America.  The good moms of the world help shape tomorrow’s leaders.  Your husband’s money will be the leading influence in the direction of your children, not your values or the values you instilled in them.  That’s not your fault but it is what it is.  Your husband’s money is the reason why you could afford to have five children and not enter the workforce to feed them.  You must be crazy to think that they don’t know that.  Neither of their parents have put sweat in to anything that lead to your opulence.  To think you can associate yourself with hardworking moms in this country is a joke.

I may not agree with any pundit attacking you personally to take jabs at Mitt Romney, but if you are going to contribute to his campaign, you have to be prepared for that and you are no more the average mom than Mitt is the average father.
When so many of the democrats failed to handle the spin you put on what was a personal attack, I was marveled at their stupidity.  Nobody was attacking motherhood.  They are attacking you.  If you somehow managed to keep them off of you by representing yourself as an “every woman” then you are twice the politician your husband will ever be.  However, I wasn’t impressed.  A lot of mothers weren’t either.

You are correct in assuming that an attack on mothers is an attack on you.  Your problem is that believing an attack on you is also an attack on motherhood.  Just because having babies has been the only thing you have been good for to this point doesn’t mean you are the epitome of motherhood.  Your history is a bit of a mystery so there may be other things that you are good for; being a trophy wife notwithstanding.

If you really want to prove you are such a good mother.  Perhaps getting your children to corroborate your story may help.  If you want to be seen as a hard working woman, all you have to do is provide examples of you doing something other than smiling and living in luxury.

I’m sorry if you feel like I’m jumping on you but you probably should have answered the initial attack before you decided to lump yourself in the same category with so many hard working moms in this country that don’t have the advantages that you have.

-          Cogito

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's gold in them thar crates

Right now I’m listening to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night.   I don’t know how much play this album got around the nation when it dropped in 1997, but it didn’t get any love in Kansas City, but If you haven’t heard, it is the shit! I don’t know when it became the general consensus that rap music that didn’t come out in the last 6 months isn’t good but we have to remember hip-hop’s history of being the product of people that were willing to dig in those crates. Bargain bins at the used CD store, garage sales and amazon.com all have great CDs that you never heard.   Not to mention all of those CDs with 2 or 3 great songs on them. My point is that great music doesn’t have a shelf life.   Just because Kanye and Jay-Z keep coming out with hits doesn’t mean Reasonable Doubt and The College Dropout aren’t great CDs.   It’s just the opposite.   There has been a long time since somebody referred to a rap album that is universally referred to as a classic.   Think about it.   There have
Maury must be stopped. No one has profited more from Black people being ignorant than he.   I know the old saying: “Mama’s baby, Papa’s maybe.” But, contrary to popular belief, Black men love their children.   Everyone loves children.   Even if Black men realize that they aren’t bringing much to a household, they know that there is magic there.   That magic might be scary, like all magic, but it’s there.   There isn’t much difference between the love that develops between a man and a child with his D.N.A.   and a man that a child that he has raised. I am my father’s son.   No, I’m not light skinned or a hustler, but I laugh when I hear something funny.   I’ll sit on a porch and dink liquor all Saturday morning.   My toes are extraordinarily long (just like his).   I will see a beautiful woman and take notice just because I am a man and that’s what a man does.   My dad raised me well. When you see a Black man on Maury, you know he is going to be running from the responsibil

R.I.P. Rusty Hayes

Pretty soon here I’m going to say goodbye to my dad.   I suppose that I already have.   When I walked into the place where he lived and saw him there, dead, with his mouth cocked open in a very strange angle, I realized that I had been saying goodbye to my dad for some time now.   That body that laid there in the nursing home did not resonate my father at all. You see, my dad was a big guy.   Always was to me.   That body there was emaciated and small; so much not the powerful figure that I remember. When I was younger, I remember how much I wanted to grow up to look like my dad.   He was muscular, handsome and light skinned and I was anything but (I still have beef with every negro that got blessed with being light skinned in the ‘90s).   The best thing about my dad, though, is that he had a serious thirst for life.   He always laughed so hard that you had to turn around and wonder what the fuck was going on over there that was so damned funny.   When I was young, I couldn’t