Skip to main content

Uncle Tom is Back!!!!

and that nigga must be stopped!

There has been a rash of Black Men in the last few years that have surged ahead in the fight to bring back right wing America.  It started with Clarence Thomas.  He scraped and bowed his way all the way to the Supreme Court.  We thought that was bad back in the day but oh no, it was only the beginning of the new black right wing.

I should back up.  Black America has been inherently Conservative for a long time.  The reason being is that the Black church, the community's traditional leader, is inherently conservative.  Most of our leaders have come from the church and so stand against things like homosexuality, pre-marital sex and the right to an abortion.

Luckily, most black people realized that right wing politics and conservative beliefs don't usually end well for the Black community.  By the mid '60s, the republican party had virtually abandoned Black voters so we migrated to the democratic party.  The dems are more liberal but a lot of that church goer thinking didn't just disappear, it just stayed out of the voting booth.

Fast forward to 2008.  There is one thing that really gets an uncle Tom going, that is a successful Black Man that doesn't lick boots on his way to the top.

The Biggest cause of the revival of uncle Tom is none other than Barack Obama.  The Herman Cains of this world saw this strong successful Black man and knew that all the yassa' bossing they did to make it was a complete mistake.  But, its easier to defend your position than it is to admit that you are wrong.

By accepting Conservative Christian values you are saying that the same oppressive system that has kept minorities down is the best route to go.  It completely dismisses all the atrocities that have been committed under the conservative Christian banner in all these years.  That is why Uncle Tom is so spurned in the Black community.  Not all Conservative Christians are Uncle Toms but all Uncle Toms are conservative Christians.  There is nothing wrong with SOME of Conservative America's values, but one of those values is to keep women, niggas and Mexicans in their place.  It isn't written that way but we all know its true.

I know people really get off on the interracial dating aspect of Uncle Toms these days but I really don't care about that.  Love is love.  Sex is sex and two consenting adults should be able to do what they feel.  Some Black me make the next step in to disliking Black women.  That is a whole different issue.  Any Black person that devalues brown skin is only affirming their self hatred.  Mush of that self hatred is rooted in slavery and the mainstream medias obsession with White beauty.  When Uncle Tom can't see the beauty in his face or his mother's face, therein lies a huge problem.

Being dark skinned, having nappy hair and big lips doesn't make you ugly.  Being ugly is not recognizing your own beauty as a human being.  Ugliness is failing to see the beauty in EVERYONE around you.  That is what Uncle Tom is missing and it scares me that he is making a big time come back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's gold in them thar crates

Right now I’m listening to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night.   I don’t know how much play this album got around the nation when it dropped in 1997, but it didn’t get any love in Kansas City, but If you haven’t heard, it is the shit! I don’t know when it became the general consensus that rap music that didn’t come out in the last 6 months isn’t good but we have to remember hip-hop’s history of being the product of people that were willing to dig in those crates. Bargain bins at the used CD store, garage sales and amazon.com all have great CDs that you never heard.   Not to mention all of those CDs with 2 or 3 great songs on them. My point is that great music doesn’t have a shelf life.   Just because Kanye and Jay-Z keep coming out with hits doesn’t mean Reasonable Doubt and The College Dropout aren’t great CDs.   It’s just the opposite.   There has been a long time since somebody referred to a rap album that is universally referred to as a classic.   Think about it.   There have

I'm going to get myself killed

I’m not suicidal or anything.   I just tend to forget to protect myself.   I don’t even get scared when things get real.   I remember distinctly the first time I saw someone try to kill someone else. Me and the boys were partaking in our favorite pastime; playing football in the street.   It was around the time we were all in middle school so I was around 12 years old.   I had probably just passed the 100 lbs. mark.   It was like any other afternoon in the summer but suddenly some man came running up the street.   Something was off about him.   He was running too hard.   He wasn’t even running that fast but you could tell he was trying his heart out.   Just as he was turning the corner at the end of the block, we found out why.   Another man came up the hill behind us as we watched the running man go.   He wasn’t running either.   He had more of a brisk walk.   When he got far enough over the slope of the hill he raised his right arm, took aim and fired three shots while he was
Maury must be stopped. No one has profited more from Black people being ignorant than he.   I know the old saying: “Mama’s baby, Papa’s maybe.” But, contrary to popular belief, Black men love their children.   Everyone loves children.   Even if Black men realize that they aren’t bringing much to a household, they know that there is magic there.   That magic might be scary, like all magic, but it’s there.   There isn’t much difference between the love that develops between a man and a child with his D.N.A.   and a man that a child that he has raised. I am my father’s son.   No, I’m not light skinned or a hustler, but I laugh when I hear something funny.   I’ll sit on a porch and dink liquor all Saturday morning.   My toes are extraordinarily long (just like his).   I will see a beautiful woman and take notice just because I am a man and that’s what a man does.   My dad raised me well. When you see a Black man on Maury, you know he is going to be running from the responsibil