Skip to main content

A Girl's Daddy


I’ve been a dad for nearly a day and a half and I’m already exhausted.  My daughter has little regard for day and night.  My daughter… It’s still really funny to me to say that.

I know I wrote on my last blog that newborn babies are ugly and…. Well that’s still true, BUT that doesn’t mean that they aren’t precious.  My daughter is the most beautiful little person I’ve ever laid my eyes on.  She gave me the beginnings of a smile today and blew me away.  I knew I was got when I thought it was cute when she took a poo while I was changing her diaper.  Somehow in the span of 24 hours, doo doo became cute.

Must be love.

There are some other weird things going through my head as I look forward to raising a baby girl:

Is this going to change my view of sluts and strippers?  At least 18 years ago, all those women were somebody’s little girl.  I would hate for my baby to have the same fate.  Then again, I want my baby to know she is loved and for her to love herself.  That seems to be step one in stopping a young girl from working the pole for a living.  I don’t know how to force a woman to love herself but if my baby knows one thing, it’s that her daddy loves her.  That’s literally half the battle.  Secondly, I won’t have a relationship with sluts anytime anyway.  I’m married for crying out loud.  That ship has sailed.

I admit that it will be harder to objectify women.  However, I’ve been working on that for 10 years now.  Sounds good all around.

Another thing, I realize that there is very little chance of me to be any help with girly problems.  That is, unless she plans on never having any suitors.  I mean, I already have a problem comparing people my age with myself.  If my daughter comes to me about some boy problem, my only answer right now is “Tell him to stop being a bitch ass nigga.”  That may not work so well every time.

Lastly, I realize that I’m well on the way to being wrapped around her little finger.  That’s a foregone conclusion.  What I ponder is whether or not that is such a terrible thing.  It takes a real man to show love.  I love my baby so I’m going to show it every chance I get.  Of course, my honesty does tend to show my capacity for harshness from time to time.  I better start working on that now.  I got no clue how to be tough yet loving quite yet.  Hopefully I will just go with loving, ya know, to be safe.

Welp, I better steal a quick nap while I can.  I have somebody’s relationship with men to shape in the morning.  I should probably be rested up for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Maury must be stopped. No one has profited more from Black people being ignorant than he.   I know the old saying: “Mama’s baby, Papa’s maybe.” But, contrary to popular belief, Black men love their children.   Everyone loves children.   Even if Black men realize that they aren’t bringing much to a household, they know that there is magic there.   That magic might be scary, like all magic, but it’s there.   There isn’t much difference between the love that develops between a man and a child with his D.N.A.   and a man that a child that he has raised. I am my father’s son.   No, I’m not light skinned or a hustler, but I laugh when I hear something funny.   I’ll sit on a porch and dink liquor all Saturday morning.   My toes are extraordinarily long (just like his).   I will see a beautiful woman and take notice just because I am a man and that’s what a man does.   My dad raised me well. When you see a Black man on Maury, y...

The two that got away

I have had a lot of great relationships with women in my life.   I couldn’t rate them if I wanted to; that is, accept for the one with my wife, of course. But, looking back in all my dealings with the opposite sex, there are two women that stand out for two very different reasons.   They are the ones that I actually didn’t have a relationship with.   Of all the women I’ve dealt with, these two always stand out in my past.   These are the two that got away: I will use false names because I don’t like to embarrass people on the internet.   But, I will try to keep the pseudonyms close enough that these women know that I’m talking about them.   Shyra was a goddess.   I haven’t seen her in 10 years and to this day, she is the most beautiful woman that I’ve ever seen.   She was mixed or something.   She had the most beautiful gray eyes that you could get lost in at a single glance.   To this day, I don’t know if they were contacts...

Friends don't let friends be stupid

So I have this friend that proceeded to tell me that a black woman out with a white guy was evidence of the brainwashing done by America and proof of the pending downfall of the black race. Mind you, this same friend had tried to talk to a white woman driving by us not 5 minutes before hand.   He also tried to talk to a white woman at the grocery store and also proceeded to tell me that a white woman on PBS had “A perfect booty”. Now, I know that life is full of contradictions but if you are going to see some harm in interracial dating, you should probably be able to see the same harm in interracial casual sex.   Casual sex and dating might not be the same thing, but they are extremely close. The real reason that the incidents of that day bother me is that I’m sure that the black woman and the white man heard my friend talking about them.   I wanted to tell them that they were OK.   I wanted to tell them that we are all free to enjoy our lives with whoever w...