Skip to main content

Apparently men ain't shit

I wonder what I was doing.  Was I having that first cup of coffee on a Monday?  Was I celebrating the fact that I didn't get owned again in a quick Overwatch match when I didn't even pick D.Va but experimented with Doomfist because black is beautiful?  Or, was I at work wondering why I don't just ignore the people and work on my blog?  Dear world, where was I the last time Charlie Rose whipped his dick out for no reason?

How could I have been so naive?  I'm aware that old ass White dudes ain't worth shit but seriously, Charlie Rose!?  He speaks so well. (Doesn't feel good when it's pointed at you, does it White people?)

As much as I would love to believe this is a white man's issue, it is not.  This is an issue that men across all cultures seem to be grappling with.  Masculinity has become some utter bullshit and we are going to have to put a stop to it.

Masculinity is the reason why black men shoot at each other over FaceBook posts.  Masculinity is the reason Billy Bush thinks it's funny to "grab em by the pussy" and it is the reason white men looked past it and elected whatever you wanna call that thing at Mar-A-Lago right now.

Fellas, we seem to have bought in to the idea that being (or having) a dick is a license to be an asshole and I submit to you that it is not.  Oh sure, it may have been of some benefit on the high school baseball team so your teammates wouldn't realize you're an insecure little boy that daddy never loved but we gotta grow up.

We are hurting women.  Like, literally hurting women. According to the national coalition against domestic violence, 1 in 5 women are raped in their lifetime. On what planet is that acceptable.  That's rape.  That's not counting all of the sexual harassment, coercion and groping done on a regular basis.  I have not done the research but I got a sneaking suspicion that about 6 out of 5 women have experienced this before they turn 20.  All of em.  The first woman twice as much as normal so she counts twice.  It's not fair, it's not okay and its our fault.  

Fucked up thing is, we don't get anything out of it aside from the fact that we fucked up some woman's day in some degree.  What kind of shitty person does that?  The kind with a penis; that kind.  Yeah me, too.  I'm sure.  I don't remember when but I'm sure the masculinity bug as caused me to stare too long or comment on something that I should have let pass and tricked off some woman's morning cappuccino.  None of us are immune.  Toxic masculinity is like air pollution.  We've all breathed it in and it's makes us all a little sick.  Now that we know that it causes cancer, can we just work on it?  I know some of you think air pollution is the deception of Al Gore and niggas that do science but trust me, here.  Coal isn't coming back and neither is a woman that you harassed from the passenger window.

Wanna know what is coming back?  People dying poor.  Why?  Because people  would rather vote for an orange chimp that they believe has a penis than Hilary Clinton.  Sure, Trill Hill wasn't the best presidential candidate but she was way more qualified than a man that gets in to a twitter beef with LeVar Ball, when LeVar Ball isn't even on twitter.  Meanwhile there are 3 Navy sailors lost at sea...  

So guys, the million dollar question is what's with the obsession with dicks?  If you have a dick and think it's awesome do we think that it's necessary that other people with dicks are also awesome?  That's some shit ass logic, kids.  We have to let the dicks go, for our own well being.  Just imagine all of the things (aside from the White House) that would go smoother if we put the most qualified person in charge instead of the most qualified person with a dick.  If you think this isn't a large number of things, congratulations, you're a sexist.  Own it and go back to sucking your own dick.

This isn't about sex, though.  It's about turning brilliant minds in to secretaries and housewives and pushing mediocre cock bearers into positions of power that they just aren't built for.  We can't keep this inefficiency up and it's done enough damage to all of us at a societal level.

The good news is that the winds of change are blowing.  The spate of sexual impropriety getting spotlighted is a sign that women have had enough of our shit.  Women are proving themselves in every arena and you know where that leaves all of you misogynists out there?  At home by yourself, complaining about these broads on 4chan.  As your witless leader would say, "sad."

Hope is not lost, guys.  I believe in us.  We can do better but first we have to admit that none of us want to live in a world where Charlie Rose is grabbing asses and walking around with decrepit old dick out.  We should all agree that no one should see Charlie Rose's dick without express written consent from the NFL. 

We should also agree that women deserve a better brand of masulinity.  Shit, just better men.  Stick with me fellas.  You know what you get when you're a better man?  You get laid more often.  Isn't that enough of a goal for us all?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

There's gold in them thar crates

Right now I’m listening to Camp Lo’s Uptown Saturday Night.   I don’t know how much play this album got around the nation when it dropped in 1997, but it didn’t get any love in Kansas City, but If you haven’t heard, it is the shit! I don’t know when it became the general consensus that rap music that didn’t come out in the last 6 months isn’t good but we have to remember hip-hop’s history of being the product of people that were willing to dig in those crates. Bargain bins at the used CD store, garage sales and amazon.com all have great CDs that you never heard.   Not to mention all of those CDs with 2 or 3 great songs on them. My point is that great music doesn’t have a shelf life.   Just because Kanye and Jay-Z keep coming out with hits doesn’t mean Reasonable Doubt and The College Dropout aren’t great CDs.   It’s just the opposite.   There has been a long time since somebody referred to a rap album that is universally referred to as a classic.   Think about it.   There have

I'm going to get myself killed

I’m not suicidal or anything.   I just tend to forget to protect myself.   I don’t even get scared when things get real.   I remember distinctly the first time I saw someone try to kill someone else. Me and the boys were partaking in our favorite pastime; playing football in the street.   It was around the time we were all in middle school so I was around 12 years old.   I had probably just passed the 100 lbs. mark.   It was like any other afternoon in the summer but suddenly some man came running up the street.   Something was off about him.   He was running too hard.   He wasn’t even running that fast but you could tell he was trying his heart out.   Just as he was turning the corner at the end of the block, we found out why.   Another man came up the hill behind us as we watched the running man go.   He wasn’t running either.   He had more of a brisk walk.   When he got far enough over the slope of the hill he raised his right arm, took aim and fired three shots while he was
Maury must be stopped. No one has profited more from Black people being ignorant than he.   I know the old saying: “Mama’s baby, Papa’s maybe.” But, contrary to popular belief, Black men love their children.   Everyone loves children.   Even if Black men realize that they aren’t bringing much to a household, they know that there is magic there.   That magic might be scary, like all magic, but it’s there.   There isn’t much difference between the love that develops between a man and a child with his D.N.A.   and a man that a child that he has raised. I am my father’s son.   No, I’m not light skinned or a hustler, but I laugh when I hear something funny.   I’ll sit on a porch and dink liquor all Saturday morning.   My toes are extraordinarily long (just like his).   I will see a beautiful woman and take notice just because I am a man and that’s what a man does.   My dad raised me well. When you see a Black man on Maury, you know he is going to be running from the responsibil